Ingredients for salted butter caramel:
160 grams of powdered sugar
20 centilitres of whole liquid cream
5 grams of fine salt
60 grams of half-salted butter
Ingredients for the dough:
1 jar of plain yoghurt
2 jars of sugar
1/2 pot of oil
3 pots of flour
6 grams of baking powder
1 C. liquid vanilla
Decorated with : salt tart caramel chips
Preparation for the caramel:
1. In a very small saucepan, melt 160g sugar over medium / low heat.
You have to get an amber caramel, but not too dark.
2. Meanwhile heat 20cl of whole cream.
3. Then add the cream from the heat, little by little, stirring constantly!
If you do this (really little by little) the sugar will not massage. If you still end up with a giant carambar stuck to your spoon, NO PANIC! Put the pan back on the heat and stir: the caramel always melts. The goal is to get a smooth caramel.
4. Remove from heat and add 60g half salted butter and 5g salt.
Mix it well and then pour the caramel into a cold container.
Preparation for the dough:
1. Mix three eggs well with a jar of yoghurt.
2. Add a half-cup of oil.
3. Then 2 jars of sugar.
4. Mix well and then add 3 pots of flour and add 6 g yeast.
5. Stir again, add the caramel and liquid vanilla
6. Pour the dough into a mold (greased if it is a metal mold).
7. Bake 40 minutes at 150 ° by placing the mold directly on the oven rack:
8. The cooking time will depend on the size of the mold and your oven, watch with a sharp point of a knife, which must come out dry.
9. With this amount, you can either make in a savarin mold and muffins if you have some dough left, or in a cake mold.
10. Unmould, turn the cake over and let it cool on a rack.
Today i’ll be making some sweet chili shrimp so let’s get started.
¼ oz shrimp
sweet chilli sauce
few black and white sesame seeds
1 tbsp Butter
1 ground ginger stick
salt (to taste)
Alright so this is just a quarter pound of shrimp I’m not making a lot I’m just making some lunch for my best friend today. so this is the sweet chilli sauce that i’ll be using. so this recipe is basically semi-homemade. I have my black and white sesame seeds right there. I have some butter, scallions, and garlic.
Move on to the cooking process:
1. And now we’re just going to season up the shrimp, and that’s it.
Okay so as usual you can season your shrimp however you prefer, but for this recipe I’m going to use some black pepper and as a matter of fact you probably suggest your salt and pepper here, because of the sauce.
2. I’m going to go in here with some Cayenne, not too much you know they’re spicy.
3. Then I’m going to go with some ground ginger stick with the theme. Physicist semi-homemade I do want to put my own touch on to this so this one uses own spices.
4. I’m also going to go in here with some chili oil just a little bit of that, and some salt.
I’m using kosher salt, mix this up and allow it to marinate five minutes.
5. Alright guys I have my garlic going for about five minutes in some butter.
6. Now to my garlic I’m going to add my shrimp.
Down in here and you’re going to cook your shrimp for no more than two minutes, and then we’re going to add the sauce.
7. Okay guys so I’m adding myself down in here, we mix it cook, and allow it to cook another 1 minute.
8. And then we’re going to sprinkle in our sesame seeds and our scallion.
Don’t overcook your shrimp. Okay guys the star you look amazing already.
9. And now you’re going to add your scallions darling here, and some of your sesame seeds.
All right guys so this is it, at the end when I plate it up. I am going to add more sesame seeds for that top, but as you imagine, it looks super delicious.
I just started off with some steamed rice and add some more sesame seeds for that crunch and some scallions. I hope you guys enjoyed the semi-homemade shrimp recipe