Hey everyone and welcome back to my blog. In today’s article, we’re making some paleo delicious donuts.
1 cup almond flour
3 tbsp maple syrup
1/4 tsp baking soda
300F for 10-15 minutes
For Paleo chocolate:
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup raw cacao
For Cinnamon Sugar:
2 tbsp coconut sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
How I cook it ?
1. So i’m starting off with almond flour (you could substitute this for oat flour or brown rice flour).
2. And then i’m adding in two eggs.
i haven’t tested this with flax eggs but if you use flax eggs, if it good works and it’s good, let me know down below. So i can tell everybody else.
3. I’m using three tablespoons of maple syrup.
I love maple syrup because it’s a natural sweetener. You can also use honey in this, but i really like the texture and the flavor of the maple.
4. Then i’m adding in a quarter teaspoon of baking soda.
This basically just helps them rise and get fluffy like donuts are. Of course i’m using my spatula.
5. So we’re mixing that up until it’s fully combined and it doesn’t take long at all.
The batter is thick though, so i will warn you on that. If it’s thick don’t worry because it’s supposed to be.
6. I’m spraying a doughnut pan.
They’re super cheap(doughnut pan). You can probably even find them at like a homesense or like home goods.
7. I’m putting in about a third of a cup into the donut pan until it basically fills it.
I like them to kind of overflow a little bit when they cooked. So that you get like big nice sized donut. So if you want to make more, you can double or triple the recipe.
8. I bake those at 300 Fahrenheit degrees for 10 minutes
9. Then i’m melting to some coconut oil and putting some coconut sugar and cinnamon on a plate.
I like coconut sugar because it’s a lower glycemic sugar and it’s an unrefined one. And then cinnamon also helps balance your blood sugar so the two kind of work in tandem low GI imbalances your blood sugar.
10. i’m sprinkling nuts.
We’re going brushing a little bit of coconut oil on the top of the doughnut just so that it gets a bit sticky, so that when we dip it in the coconut sugar and cinnamon mixture it kind of sticks a bit. So delicious it is. I only did the top i didn’t do the bottom with this and i thought that was like enough but you can do both sides if you like.
11. And then i’m just taking a little bit of coconut oil and making like a paleo chocolate glaze with some cacao powder.
Cacao is great because it hasn’t been processed and it’s raw. So it’s got all the antioxidants and benefits of cacao. And that’s what’s gonna make, chocolate glaze. So it’s super easy it’s just two simple ingredients and you stir that together.
12. And then i’m going to be dipping in the doughnut in it to the glaze.
Just swirling it around a bit until it gets fully coated and then you just take it.
13. Now you lay it on your sheet.
Now you need to wait for this one to dry a bit, because the chocolate is kind of melted. So you have to wait about ten minutes for the chocolate to kind of solidify on the top. Otherwise you will get chocolate all over your hands. But just continue doing that to as many as you want. You can do as i did, half and half. I did have chocolate glaze and then have cinnamon sugar. You can do all of them one way or in the other way. It doesn’t matter whichever one you like.
But they turned out so good and they are so easy to make. They freeze well and they make the perfect breakfast or snack. So once you’re done at your donuts it will be delicious. They can be stored in the fridge for a couple days or you can even freeze them and then to take them out whenever you want.. They’re so moist so delicious and you can mix up whatever you want on the top. I think the chocolate is definitely my favorite though.
Okay guys i hope you enjoyed this article. If you did it don’t forget to give it a comment down below. And i will see you guys in my next article. Bye guys