To start our goat recipe, what we need are =
1. About two pounds of goat meat
2. About four medium sliced onions. Make sure it’s sliced very thin so it can blend in with the garam masala.
3. Three plum tomatoes, which already chopped.
4. About two potatoes. Cut into 8 slices
5. Some fresh coriander leaves (it just for the garnishing )
6. Some 1/3 cup cooking oil
7. Some 1 tbsp crushed coriander seeds. Make sure they crushed properly
8. Some whole spices= 2 bay leaf, 2 black cardamon, 6-8 cloves, 6 whole black pepper.
9. Some 1/4 ginger garlic chopped
10. Some 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
11. Chopped green chilies (also for garnishing). The quantity is depending on the level of the spice you like.
12. 1/2 Garam masala which is a blend of whole spices
13. Some 1 1/2 tbsp turmeric
14. Some salt
15. Some 1 tbsp grounded red chili powder
So to get started what we do is =
1. Add some oil into the pot. So we just make sure that the oil is heated up.
2. Add the coriander seeds.
Stir fry it. We just let them to get a little light brown.
3. As soon as they start to turn color, we would add the ginger-garlic. Keep stir fry them.
4. And now we’re going to add all those whole garam masala. Keep stir fry until it’s starting to change a bit of color into a light brown.
5. Add the onion.
Just stir fry and mix them all together, fry until it smells really good.
The most important part about making goat curry is making sure the onions are sauteed very well. It has come out to a dark brown color. That’s the only way your goat curry will have a nice rich taste. Otherwise it’s not going to turn out the way you expected. So make sure that. Remember, do not burn it just dark brown.
6. After getting dark, add the ginger-garlic paste.
We just mix that in with the onion. Make sure that it cooks also to a brown texture
7. Add the goat meat.
8. Now we will add some red chilli powder
9. Some turmeric
10. Some salt
11. 1/2 a teaspoon of garam masala. Keep frying them.
12. Add the tomatoes.
Wait until it becomes tender. Keep blend in with all the garam masala.
13. Pour some hot water to the meat.
14. Cover it up.
The boiling take time about 15 minutes.
15. Set the flame between lower into a medium.
16. After 15 minutes , the meat is cooked well.
17. For the final look, add the garnishing.(green chili and the fresh coriander)
Now the goat curry is ready to be served. Enjoy !