Preparation time is about20 min
Baking time is approximately 10 minutes
Servings is available maximum for 6 persons.
2 eggs, lightly beaten (optional)
15 ml (1 tablespoon) grilled sesame oil (optional)
1 red pepper, seeded and diced
100 g (1 cup) snow peas, trimmed and cut into three
4 green onions, chopped (separated white and green)
30 ml (2 tablespoons) of peanut oil or canola
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) of sambal oelek or more to taste
300 g (1 1/2 cups) long-grain white rice, cooked (about 1.25 liters / 5 cups cooked rice)
340 g (2 cups) cooked chicken cut into cubes
45 ml (3 tablespoons) soy sauce or to taste
Preparation and How I cook this :
– Cook eggs in sesame oil for 30-60 seconds:
1. I have my wok over medium heat
2. I am gonna add about a teaspoon of vegetable oil
3. Now I am going to scramble some eggs
The reason i like doing this separately so that the eggs and the rice do not clump together and there’s little bits of egg throughout the rice.
4. Do not forget to add a little bit of salt and pepper
Stirring or until cooked through. Reserve on a plate. (this step is optional)
– Continue to cook another part :
5. In the same wok, add snow peas and white green onions in peanut oil until tender.
6. Add garlic and sambal
7. Continue cooking for 1 minute.
8. Add rice, chicken, cooked eggs and soy sauce. Warm on high heat while stirring.
9. A little sugar, salt and pepper again, if needed
10. Sprinkle with green onions.
There you have it, chicken fried rice. Better and healthier and also less expensive than in a restaurant.